Well, after that exciting morning yesterday, I actually got a little sewing accomplished.
My Across the Sea quilt is backed and basted!
I cheated and just used a solid backing instead of making the pieced back like we are supposed to. I love the design of the quilt back as it is meant to be in the QAL, but well, I just have a lot of things going right now and something had to give. I happened to have a rainbow pinstriped flat sheet that goes really well with the front, so that is what I'm using.
Are my kids the only ones who refuse to have the top sheet on their beds? I think it is a little weird, but it doesn't bother me too much since it means I'll have extra flat sheets to play with.
I am SO ready to get some free time to get started on quilting this baby. I just need to hatch a plan on what the quilting will be...
Since I was so successful in getting the basting done, I decided to go ahead and finish my Kaleidoscope
blocks. I had 25 out of 30 finished, another couple half-blocks and some quarter blocks to put together.
Everything went together really well last night, and I was feeling good about things, so I started trimming the blocks. Then I realized that some of them were not so square, but I'm not turning back now. I just finished trimming them and hope to get the top finished this evening.
Mom's birthday present is done, ready to be mailed
Across the Sea
Dead Simple QAL...palette chosen and (I think) design finalized. Still need to get a couple fabrics
and plan the back.
We officially started harvesting yesterday, so my sewing time might take a hit for a while. But I love being out there this time of year, so I guess it's OK...