Tired of hearing about this swap yet? Well, I'm almost done.
Here is the mug rug for my second partner. Still have to figure out my "goodie" for her, but I hope she likes this part. I had fun making it, but I found myself making lots of dumb mistakes. At least three times I fused the stuff (sorry for the technical jargon) to the wrong side of the fabric, then when I was getting ready to stick the petals to the background, I peeled the backing off one and ironed it on, but realized I would need to put one of the other petals under it so I had to peel off part of it. Then I went ahead and laid out all the petals how I wanted them and ironed. Only, I am an idiot and hadn't peeled the paper off the other petals yet, so obviously that didn't work.
One of the petals shifted a bit during pressing, so the middle of the flower didn't look quite right. I decided a button would cover it nicely. I was totally shocked that I had a button that sorta goes with the design.
Originally, I wanted to echo quilt around the flower, but all my attempts looked pathetic, so I went for the diagonals instead.
It's a little hard to see, but I love how the back fabric has a similar design as the flower on the front. And it is my partner's favorite colors, so that's always a plus. I don't keep an enormous amount of fabric and supplies on hand, so I always love when things work out how I want, using what I have.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story. Thanks girls!
Fresh Lemon Quilts. Thanks, Faith!