Monday, April 28, 2014

Jewel Boxes


My farmer/quilt holder got rained out of the fields long enough to help with a few pics. Finally!! #imaginecircle #dogoodstitches

"Jewel Boxes" is my latest finish for the Imagine Circle of do.Good Stitches.  Back in January I asked our group to make 21" square-in-square blocks, starting with a 6" center block and adding three rounds of 3" strips. We used this palette from Design Seeds as our color inspiration:


After I received all the blocks, I simply quartered them, then sewed them back together to make the Bento box-like design. Easy! I had one too many blocks for the front so I incorporated it into the design of the backing.

And the back... #imaginecircle #dogoodstitches

I quilted this on my mom's longarm machine and ended up being pretty happy with how it turned out. Most of the time as I'm stitching I think that it looks terrible but after I step away from it for a while it turns out to not bother me as much. Here's a close up of the floral-ish design I was going for:

Up close. Last one!! #imaginecircle #dogoodstitches

Not perfect by any means, but better than it looked while I was stitching. Here is a tutorial for the basic design, though her's look much more like flowers than mine!

20 comments:

  1. I was just looking here earlier wondering if you'd posted the detail of this quilt - I LOVE love love it! Looks like a really nice size and the colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the inspiration and the final result :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy quilt! Lovely! The quilting is great! This floral pattern is a tricky one for me; doing the round blossoms and then hooking and knowing where to go next has been a problem. Yours looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty quilt, and your quilting is just great. I love how the quilt is exactly like your design seed inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful - well done ladies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same when I'm fmq. No one else even notices what the work looks like in my house, so it probably doesn't matter what the quilting looks like at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this quilt - the colours are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are stuck with your management assignment then in this case you can opt for our Doctoral Dissertation Help. we provide the bestonline assignment help.We also provide History Dissertation Help for students across the globe. for more information contact us +16692714848.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mycasestudyhelp.com is most rated and trusted assignment help services provider in the world.
    We are provide all assignment writing services for nursing all subjected like pharmacology,human anatomy and physiology etc. at affordable prices.
    It is not copy paste 100% plagiarism free and proper content.
    nursing case study help

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  12. We provide full body massage services in noida,Spa in Noida for body massages we have outstanding and world-class full body massage center in noida. We at Lispa is totally equipped with latest modern facilities you will have high-quality ambiance, well maintained room with ac, clean rooms. We have 100% repeat client just because of our Excellency in the services.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the major trends observed in the chewing gum market is the rapid consumption of this chewing gum, especially due to the growing population of young people in developing countries. As people’s fitness and health concerns have grown, they have preferred to consume low-calorie and sugar-free confectionery products on the market. This creates opportunities for leading players to produce sugar-free and health-oriented chewing gums.


    Also Read: acquired disease testing market, Latin America Generic Injectables Market.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Healing Buddha's holistic approach addresses physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being, recognizing the interconnectedness of all aspects of your life.
    pranic healing

    ReplyDelete