Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Quilt for Meesh


Michonne's quilt

You know how as soon as you find out that a friend is expecting a baby, you immediately start designing a quilt in your head? Maybe that's just me? Anyway, my sweet friend Michonne is expecting a much-anticipated little girl in just a few weeks. I met Michonne, or Meesh as many people know her, through Flickr and have been lucky enough to be in a few different bees with her. She is so friendly and supportive and is always quick to offer a positive comment.


I asked the ladies of That Stash Bee if they would like to help make a quilt for Michonne's baby, and of course everyone agreed.  I was pretty loose on what I was looking for...I shared three color palettes that I liked and just requested stars, any size, with a low-volume background. I knew that my talented friends would send some fabulous blocks, but I'll be honest..after the first half of the blocks arrived, I was a little nervous that I would wreck everyone's work when I started puzzling them together.  But I shouldn't have worried. My beemates sent such awesome blocks that they look fabulous together! I did have to shrink two of them so I hope those ladies don't mind!

Untitled 

I was so happy to discover that I had enough of these light pink jewels by Lizzy House to use for the binding. I think they go really well with the low-volume girliness of the quilt. I was also really excited to find this Khristian Howell print for the backing. I used some of it in Jill's quilt and thought it would be fun to use it for Michonne's baby's quilt, too.

The online quilting community is such a fun and inviting place. I have made some really awesome friends and am so grateful for my That Stash Bee ladies for their help on this quilt. I absolutely cannot wait to see Meesh's little Cupcake all stretched out on her new quilt!

19 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful! Love the different size and styles of stars! What a great cooperative effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I can't believe this was done with so many different people involved, it looks like it was a planned quilt, colors and all. And you are so talented to be able to piece it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is fantastic! You could make this into a pattern and sell it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! I love it, so much variety in shape and size of blocks and they look so perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet and thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, soooo gorgeous. I really love this. Just a perfect, perfect scrap beauty. Baby on top = perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing quilt! those big stars next to the small ones really make it interesting. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out SO sweet! What a challenge to coordinate all those block sizes! Thanks again Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! So impressed with how you fit all those together to look as though they were planned that way - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. The blocks all work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt. I love the colours. So girly, but not restricted to baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, you girls are amazing. I absolutely l love this quilt and so does Greta. So thoughtful, so kind, so talented. <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you are stuck with your management assignment then in this case you can opt for our Doctoral Dissertation Help. we provide the bestonline assignment help.We also provide History Dissertation Help for students across the globe. for more information contact us +16692714848.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Each year, the people of Croatia consume 2 litre of alcohol per capita, and this volume consists of 39.5% beer, 44.8% wine, 15.4% distilled spirits, 0.3% other alcohol. http://www.confiduss.com/en/jurisdictions/croatia/culture/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work history essay from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. We provide 100% plagiarism-free study help. Our assignment helps developers are experts in every subject engineering assignment help because of which they provide reliable services all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice article, the quality of this article shows the amount of effort you put into it! crackcool.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this best stuff with us! Keep sharing! I am new in the blog writing. All types blogs and posts are not helpful for the readers. Here the author is giving good thoughts and suggestions to each and write me an assignment every reader through this article. literature-essay Quality of the content is the main element of the blog and this is the way of writing and presenting.

    ReplyDelete