A few months ago I started another quilt for Jill.
Well, when I started it I actually didn't have a plan for it. I just didn't like seeing my pretty stack of Briar Rose (and coordinating solids) from Amanda's shop just sitting on my shelf. I'm not a hoarder.
It didn't take me long to decide that some kind of square-in-square block was what I wanted to use, and since I had just made some Lemon Squares blocks for a bee-mate I went ahead and used a slightly modified version of that pattern for Jill's quilt.
I actually bought this pink Minkee when I was pregnant with Jill with the intention of making her something with it before she was born. Obviously that didn't happen, but at the same time I also bought that pretty yellow gingham I used for the binding. I did get a crib sheet made out of it before Jill was born so I wasn't a total slacker. I think the gingham looks perfect here with the sweet Briar Rose prints.
This is another quilt that I quilted on my mom's longarm while there for Thanksgiving. I'm actually really happy with my quilting on this one, except for the way that darn Minkee was pulled through with the stitches. I use a Microtex needle on my home machine when I quilt with Minkee and rarely have that issue. I used the thinnest needle mom had but it wasn't enough I guess. It really doesn't bother me that much, and I'm hoping that maybe after it goes through the wash it will settle back in a bit.
The quilt finishes at roughly 48" square. A good size for Jill to use in her crib and for the next couple years. I did use a layer of white flannel as batting in this one so it will definitely keep my sweet girl warm!