Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fabric Swapping

I have been having so much fun lately in this crazy online quilting world. I have met so many new people from all over the globe, and am really amazed at everyone's kindness and enthusiasm. I'm about one month into this blogging thing and am so glad I started.

One of the most fun things I have gotten into in this last month is swapping fabrics. Do many of you do this? I think it will be a great way to get a little sample of fabrics before I commit to yardage and super-fun because they will already be cut. I am NOT a fan of cutting fabric! 

The first swap I entered is being led by Kati who blogs at From the Blue Chair. It is a Color Wheel charm swap, so everyone was assigned two colors, and everyone will get back 56 charms in various colors along the spectrum. Mine were orange and red-orange.
Close enough? I was kind of hoping the top fabric was a bit more vibrant, but I still love it. It is Sheherazade in Orange from 1001 Peeps by Lizzy House. The bottom one is definitely the color I see when I picture "orange". Being a Tennessee girl, I'm a little picky about my oranges. It is Monaluna's Mingle Squares in Tangerine for Robert Kaufman.

The second swap I'm doing is the Feeling Fussy Charm Swap which was started by Amy at Stitchery, Dickory Dock. This time we are only swapping 10 fussy cut charms. I didn't immediately sign up for this one like I did the first, because I really wasn't sure that I had enough fussy-cuttable (totally a word) fabric in my stash, and I wasn't going to shop for new fabric. After looking through my modest stash, I was surprised to find several fabrics that could be deemed fussy. So here's what I came up with:


Apparently I am a fan of kitchen-themed fabrics... Hopefully these are cute enough for the other swappers. 

So if any of you ever see an invitation to join a swap, and want to join but second-guess yourself...Don't! Just jump in and do it. I'm sure you'll be glad you did.

3 comments:

  1. Good going with the swaps! Easy but fun! And I'm glad you joined the quilt blog world too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been tempted but haven't ... yet!

    ReplyDelete